The Volkswagen Scan Tool Companion 1990-1995 is an essential reference book for the professional Volkswagen technician or the do-it-yourselfer with a Volkswagen scan tool. This book, together with a VAG 1551 scan tool or equivalent scan tool software, is a useful tool for interrogating and diagnosing 1990 through 1995 Volkswagen engine management systems.
Within its covers, you'll find engine management factory scan tool support information that has been culled from volumes of factory service information and collected in one place in an easy-to-use format. You'll also find lots of additional information, including nominal values for correctly functioning engine management systems, scan tool fundamentals, and exhaust and emissions theory.
Coverage includes gasoline engine management systems with On Board Diagnostics (OBD) commonly referred to as OBD-I (systems without readiness codes) for 1990 through 1995 model year Golf, Jetta, GTI, Corrado, Passat, Fox, Cabriolet, and Eurovan including California and Canadian versions. Also covered is the 1995 Winnebago Rialta and Camper and the OBD-D system found on 1996 Passat TDI diesel.
- AAA (2.8L 6-cylinder VR-6)
- AAF (2.5L, 5-cylinder)
- ABA (2.0L, 4-cylinder)
- ABG (1.8L, 4-cylinder)
- ACC (1.8L, 4-cylinder)
- ACU (2.5L, 5-cylinder)
- PG (1.8L, 4-cylinder G60)
- RV (1.8L, 4-cylinder)
- 1Z (1.9L, 4-cylinder TDI Diesel)
- 2H (1.8L, 4-cylinder)
- 9A (2.0L, 4-cylinder 16V)
- Detailed explanation of scan tool functions on all engine management systems.
- Complete "measuring value block" information with factory specified values along with known-good nominal values.
- Engine-specific step-by-step procedures for initiating basic settings using the scan tool.
- Explanation of component operation for the Output Diagnostic Mode.
- System views of each engine management system showing sensors, actuators and signals, including technical specifications for each engine.
- Detailed component overviews with the alpha-numeric identification. This is helpful when using factory repair manuals or wiring diagrams.
- Engine technical data for each engine.
- Glossary of terminology used in conjunction with the scan tool.
- Descriptions of Volkswagen Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) identified by blink code and by factory codes.
On-car validation together with factory support information makes this manual a valuable resource for the Volkswagen technician.
Measuring value block tables for scan tool functions include specifications obtained from factory information and actual on-car testing.