Volkswagen Fox 1987-1993 Repair Information
The Volkswagen Fox Service Manual: 1987-1993 is a comprehensive source of repair information for Volkswagen Fox sold in the USA and Canada between 1987 and 1993, including the Fox and Fox GL, GL Sport, Wagon and GL Wagon models.
Service to Volkswagen owners is of top priority to Volkswagen and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your Volkswagen. The do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
This manual is updated through the 1993 model year to include information on CIS and CIS-E fuel injection (1988-1990), and Digifant I (with On-Board Diagnosis) and Digifant II fuel injection systems (1991-1993). It also covers the 5-speed manual transmission, with full rebuilding procedures and includes a special Fundamentals section.
- 1.8L gasoline (engine code: UM, JN, ABG)
- 014 4-speed manual
- 013 5-speed manual
- Fundamental automotive concepts, with simple explanations of basic troubleshooting, effective workshop practices and tools.
- Complete tune-up specifications, plus troubleshooting and repair of the electronic ignition system and knock sensor.
- Engine and cylinder head service, with the precise specifications and assembly details needed for complete engine reconditioning.
- Troubleshooting and repair of CIS and CIS-E fuel injection, as well as Digifant I and Digifant II engine management systems.
- Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including testing and replacing the oxygen sensor and resetting the OXS warning light.
- Clutch and transmission maintenance, adjustment and troubleshooting, as well as step-by-step transmission overhaul.
- Suspension and steering inspection and repair, with strut replacement procedures and complete wheel alignment specifications.
- Disc brake and rear drum brake reconditioning.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sunroof.
- Electrical troubleshooting, and complete wiring diagrams for Fox models.
- Plus the comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torque specifications that you've come to expect from Bentley manuals.
"Your manuals are the best on the market. I have purchased them all. But yours is the only one that I now have and the only one that I will ever tell others to buy."
-Robert L. Rainey Jr.
Volkswagen Fox Wagon 1989
Body and Interior, page 24.
Perform routine maintenance, such as replacing and adjusting headlights.
Suspension and Steering, page 16.
Suspension troubleshooting and repair, including procedures for inspecting and repairing CV joints.
Fuel System, page 29.
Learn adjustment procedures for CIS and CIS-E fuel injection systems, like pressure adjustment at the relief valve.