Volkswagen Passat (B3)
Volkswagen Passat (B3) 1990-1993 Repair Manual
The Volkswagen Passat Service Manual: 1990-1993 contains comprehensive repair information for B3 platform Passat models. It's heavily illustrated with high quality photographs and drawings, and covers routine maintenance and service work.
Click here to view an excerpt from this manual:
Service to Volkswagen owners is of top priority to the Volkswagen organization and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. This manual has been prepared with the Volkswagen owner in mind. The aim throughout has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures, and accurate specifications.
Models covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
Through the do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of the detailed maintenance and repair information available at an authorized Volkswagen dealer, the Volkswagen owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Publishing note: Prior to January 2012, this book was published in a softcover edition (ISBN 978-0-8376-0378-0)
Additional technical content
For additional technical content for B3 platform Volkswagen Passat models, visit our online technical library by clicking below.
Volkswagen Passat GL Wagon (B3) 1991
Lubrication and Maintenance, page 10
See how to perform routine maintenance procedures, such as changing the oil filter.
Suspension and Steering, page 22
Detailed view showing correct spacing (a) between constant velocity joint and axle vibration damper (A).
Engine Management-Driveability, page 7
How to reduce typical carbon deposits found on fuel injectors and intake valves that can cause driveability problems.
Manual Transmission and Clutch, page 12
Procedures for gearshift lever and cable adjustment on manual transmission Passats.
- 5-speed manual (transmission code 02A)
- 4-speed automatic (transmission code 096)
- Fundamental automotive concepts, including explanations of basic troubleshooting, safe and effective workshop practices, and tools.
- Complete tune-up specifications, plus troubleshooting and repair of the electronic ignition system and knock sensors.
- Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning.
- Troubleshooting and repair of the CIS-E Motronic engine management system.
- Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including testing and replacing the oxygen sensor.
- Automatic and manual transmission maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair.
- Suspension and power steering service and repair, including strut replacement and complete wheel alignment specifications.
- Disc brake reconditioning and repair.
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) troubleshooting and repair.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sunroof.
- New heating and air conditioning information, including R-134a A/C systems.
- Includes the Passat Electrical Troubleshooting Manual, with detailed wiring diagrams.
- Plus the comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torque specifications that you've come to expect from Bentley manuals.
ISBN: 0-8376-1658-1 (ISBN-10)
ISBN: 978-0-8376-1658-2 (ISBN-13)